The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him) said,
Allah the Exalted said: All the deeds of the children of Adam are for them, except fasting which is for Me, and I will give the reward for it.
- When we fast, we give up doing things that are haram (backbiting, lying, etc).
- We also give up things that are normally halal (food and water).
- We do this only for the sake of Allah.
- If our intentions are sincere and our actions are good, our efforts will not go to waste.
- We have hope in receiving a generous reward from Allah.