What can you do when your period arrives in Ramadan? It might seem like you’re missing out on gaining good deeds but don’t worry! Even though you’re not fasting or praying Salah, there are still many other ways you can earn rewards in this blessed month.
Here are some things you could do:
- Recite dhikr: SubhanAllah, Alhamdulilah, la ilaha ila Allah, Allahu Akbar, la hawla wa la quwwata ila billah, subhanAllahi wa bihamdihi subhanAllah Al-Adheem...
- Make dua
- Seek forgiveness of Allah
- Be kind to everyone
- Remember to smile (it’s Sunnah!)
- Help your mum with the house chores and cooking (remember charity starts at home)
- Give dates/water to those who are fasting when it is time to break fast
- Share food with your neighbours
- Stay connected with the Quran – even though you can’t touch the Quran, you can recite it from memory, listen to Quran recitations and read the translation/explanations of it. If you want to recite from the Quran, you can wear gloves when you’re holding it. Whatever you choose to do, be sure to make the Quran a priority in your life.
When you start beautifying your life with good deeds, your heart will feel at peace, even when you cannot fast or pray. That’s because whenever you do good deeds for the sake of Allah, He becomes more pleased with you. And when Allah becomes pleased with you, He will fill your heart with tranquillity and contentment.