The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him) said,
“The morning meal (al-suhoor) is a blessed meal, so do not abandon it even if you take only a sip of water. Verily, Allah and his angels send blessings upon those who take the morning meal.”
- Set an alarm.
- Wake up around (15-30 minutes) before fajr.
- Keep a couple of dates and a bottle of water near your bed. This will help you to remember your morning meal.
- Eat a healthy breakfast before you begin your fast.
- Try to include fruits, nuts and vegetables. Complex carbohydrates like oats are good as they provide a steady release of energy.
- Avoid having too many fried, spicy and sugary foods. I know they’re tasty, but they won’t keep you going throughout the day!
- Drink lots of water to keep your body hydrated.
- Never skip suhoor!